Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Intent

”Intent”
Internet, you see it - right there, at the very top of my list. I had the alarm set for 615, I had my shorts and stuff all laid out, I was going. Funny thing about laying my clothes out. It took almost no effort, because they were laid out from the night before.

Two days, I had the intent of waking early to run.

It's not a lie, it's on the list.

What happened? Let's ask my alarm clock why it decided not to go off. I have no idea! Yesterday, I just assumed I set it wrong (am/pm, maybe I shut it off in my sleep...something) But this morning too, no, the fault is in the alarm clock.

Sadly, as with many things, the fault is not mine but I suffer the consequences. I did not wake up at 6:15, I woke up at 7:30. And clearly, based on this list, I had missed the alloted running time. There was no way to squeeze it in and be ready when my airport ride arrives at 9:30.


(OH, and even though this list makes it look like I need ONE HOUR to change my sheets - really, the post-run shower, dry hair, get dressed and the like were all wrapped into that last item. They didn't explicitly make the list, because I wasn't so afraid of forgetting to do them!)

3 comments:

  1. But you have been running in RI. I have not been running in NB. Tomorrow though. 6 miles. For serious.

    ReplyDelete