Saturday, September 4, 2010

shoes

The tip of the morning was about shoes, and getting good running shoes that are right for your feet. I can't stress this enough. My feet are flat, and I encountered some hip/leg/IT problems when I started running on the wrong shoes. Once I fixed my muscles and got in the right shoes, the difference is tremendous. It was also suggested to get two pairs, one for your weekend long runs, and one for your weekday shorter runs. This way, you've got two pairs that are fully broken in, but not completely shot, come race day. It sounds like an excellent idea - for those people with jobs and income and the ability to get two pairs of shoes.

What's your current shoe of choice?
In March I bought Brooks Adrenaline and have been incredibly happy with them. A friend of mine swears by them and will not wear anything else. Prior to the Brooks I was in a Mizuno Wave Rider, which was also good. Both of these don't require any additional orthotics in the shoe (for me), and have enough support and stability. I find the Brooks to be a bit lighter and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment